Monday, July 9, 2007

You'll live to regret naming your child "Warning"

People in Zimbabwe have great names. My sister is looking for baby names, maybe I'll suggest these to her:

Lookout
Energy (A star soccer player)
Charity (For a girl)
Lovemore (This is the most common one I've heard)
Happy
Takesure
Shakeman

I really like the vaguely Puritan flavor of those names. It reminds me a little of the people in Venezuela who would name their children after signs they saw in English. For example, I was at a parade once in Caracas and the woman behind me called her child something. I turned around and asked her and, yes, his name was Danger. That kid will grow up to be a spy or a hitman or something like that, I'll bet.
I'll let you know when I hear some more good names.

2 comments:

Mrs. Z said...

Those are some good names, we'll keep them in the books. I actually really like the name Energy, but I don't know for a boy or a girl. Little Junior is still nameless, but we'll keep you posted if we decide.

MommaMcCarthy said...

what about "icy bridge" or "falling rocks"?